Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Silence

Many of you would be surprised seeing an entry by me on Silence….
Ha ha, believe me I am not less surprised either!!! But to be honest, have realized that silence is my core nature. At the end of the day, I am meant to listen. I am a better listener than a speaker!!!!
Now as I begin to write this entry, my mind is in frenzy, in a total state of disorientation and craziness.
Keeping silence on the outside, i.e. keeping mum is NOT difficult, spl. when 2000 ppl around you are on Mute as well. It’s the SILENCE OF THE MIND that seems unachievable. My mind was racing like a derby horse. Its not like that it did not used to do that before, now I was aware of it. I was on mute and I had all the time for myself and my thoughts.

My first encounter with silence has not been so pleasant. They say that silence generates and kindles the power generator & the creativity glands in you. Well it just did not happen with me.
1. I got lazy.. I mean reallyyy lazy!!!
2. Could not even concentrate during the processes, leave alone the meditation!!!
3. Kept hearing crappy, irrelevant thoughts ALL the time!!!
But none the less, the experience was really worth it. Silence really lets you connect to yourself. And being in the Ashram brings a whole new meaning to the complete exercise!!! Now I finally understand what Neha meant by ‘I want some silence and time off alone’.
My take on Silence -> WORTH IT. 2-3 Days, once in a while, its an absolute pleasure.

P.S: This blog comes after a loooong time… Its nice to be back penning down the thoughts!!!

4 comments:

neha agarwal said...

Hmmm.. i can actually see difference in ur thoughts now.. towards better for sure.. :)
i like i like!! keep going man!

shreya said...

i hereby commence my journey to silence ... not that i have been speaking too much and i need a break.. am just declaring it officially that i will remain silent for some time or days and would be like on switch off mode...

thats too much words too declare a silence... nonetheless,..

I am silent

jascorp9 said...

the point is .. how long can u remain silent.. what have u achieved from silence . will you be able to do it again.. have you controlled silence .. if you have all the answers.. then u r on the right track !! :D

Nitin said...

@Jaspreet: Its not a feat to achieve, or something that needs to be done again and again to prove a point. And control is not required over silence but your mind.
Silence is a practice, which gives you time and opportunity to analyze your thoughts and life at a much deeper level, coupled with the right meditation, it can do wonders!!!
Letting go instead of trying does the trick here, how can you meditate when you busy trying to meditate!!! ;) ;)